I am a week away from my year anniversary from taking my Welcome Home chip from the Celebrate Recovery program.
I walked in my first meeting broken. Sad. Lonely. Heartbroken and confused on how this became my life. A week later, I took my first chip and I have not looked back.
In the last 12 months I have:
- I attended weekly meetings for 51 weeks. I missed one week because I had bronchitis.
- I listened and learned from others stories.
- I started this blog.
- I shared every meeting. It was 5 minutes that no one could tell me what to do or help me fix my problem. They just listened without judgement.
- I cried as I realized I was not alone and there was an answer to why I acted the way I was. Everything started to make sense.
- I got a sponsor.
- I filled my time with reading and answering tough questions to dig deep into my entire life.
- I made time for Bible reading, meditation and prayer.
- I taught my first lesson at a meeting on relapse prevention and creating a ‘tool box’
- I joined a step study. It’s an 11 month commitment to working the steps with an amazing group of healing Sisters in Christ.
- I have worked steps 1-5
- I have written my testimony and will be giving it next month.
- I am attending a leader training one day session for Celebrate Recovery this month.