I attended a great Celebrate Recovery (CR) meeting last night.
If you don’t know CR it’s a Christian Based blended issue 12 step program. I’ve been attending every week for just over a year now. It’s amazing.
The format includes one week is a testimony and the next week is a teaching. This week was a teaching on Sanity which is Step 2. We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
There was a great illustration that I want to share.
A light bulb by itself is fragile. It’s easily broken and doesn’t really function very well or at all alone.
But when you plug in a light bulb, suddenly it’s hard to break, it has purpose, it lights the way and with its power (higher power) it functions very well.
- Attending CR meetings, keeps me plugged in.
- Being part of a step study, keeps me plugged in.
- Going to leadership training, keeps me plugged in.
- Reaching out to my recovery sisters, keeps me plugged in.
- Working the steps, keeps me plugged in.
- Sharing my story, keeps me plugged in.
- Engaging others before and after a meeting to fellowship, keeps me plugged in.
I love being plugged in. I love knowing Jesus Christ loves me. That I matter to Him. And that He has the power to restore my life to sanity. How do I know this is true…..look what’s happened in my life this past year as I’ve let go and let God.
My journey continues…
this girls journey to serenity
The picture used in this post, is my hallway. I love the lights hanging from the ceiling. I’ve had them there for a couple of years now. And you can see some of my artwork is on the wall =]