Today I am thankful for…
- Waking up with love in my heart
- Walking with others in recovery
- Children who love and are so kind to Each other and others
- Dogs who love unconditionally
- A roof over my head
- A warm place to sleep
- Food in my cabinet
- Coffee and quiet mornings
- Naps when you need one on a chilly afternoon
Everyday I have gratitude for these thing and much more.
Coming from a place of gratitude leaves no room for complaining. Staying focused on all the positive wonderful things and people that are in my life. Big things and many many many little things that bring me joy.
This keeps my eyes focused on God and reminds me that He is in control. That while sometimes I wish I could control the world around me, it’s not my place or job. Just as the serenity prayer states, to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
Wisdom, grace, love….all freely giving to those who ask Him for it.
The enemy does not like gratitude. Because that brings us closer to God. The enemy remains under my feet which is where it belongs.
My journey to serenity continues….