Someone asked me today, why do you share your story? Why do you blog? Why are you willing to share your story at a meeting?
Well there are 3 parts to this answer…
#1. Sharing my story of love and recovery is for me aka the story teller. Because….
- There is power is writing my story.
- There is power in hearing myself say it out loud.
- It keeps our story real and reminds me of how far i have come.
- It strengthens my commitment to my recovery.
- It helped me find my voice.
- It’s the ultimate form of self love or self care.
- It’s one of the steps. Step 12 Having had a spiritual experience as a result of these steps, we try to carry this messsge to others and practice these principles in all of our affairs.
- It’s a form of service to others.
#2. Sharing my story of love and recovery is for others. Because…
- I shine my light not for me but for someone else’s darkness.
- It shows others that they are not alone.
- It encourages others in their journey.
- It gives others hope in recovery.
- You create amazing friendships from those in recovery.
- Allows others with similar stories to have someone who can relate to and go to for support.
- We sharpen each other
- You can share tools and experience.
#3. Sharing my story of love and recovery is to glorify God. Because….
- It is only by His grace, love and forgiveness that I am in this place today and I need to tell others what He has done for me.
This girls journey to serenity continues…